1. The impact of digital technologies Digital technologies are transforming society. Think about how often you use technologies to navigate from one place to another, to order takeaway or to communicate with friends and family. The smartphone in your pocket is more than 1,000 times more powerful than the CRAY1 supercomputer of the 1980s. Digital … Read more
Resources tagged with training
1. Introduction A 2020 report by the Skills Platform (PDF file, 1.54MB) found that digital skills in the charity sector were an important area for investment amongst a wide range of organisations. Almost 70% of the 429 organisations surveyed reported that skills to support ‘widening the reach’ was a key priority. However, 48% of those … Read more
1. What are your digital skills needs? There are many aspects of ‘digital’ that your organisation may feel it needs to know about but not all of them are important to you achieving your goals. Heritage organisations often feel under pressure to use the latest digital technology, but this can lead to missing important knowledge … Read more
1. Introduction As with most things in our lives, the internet and technology has dramatically altered the heritage landscape. The ways we engage with heritage have changed and broadened. Many online heritage projects mean we are no longer restricted by our geography – for example Burns Night festivities that are primarily concentrated in towns and … Read more
1. Introduction In this resource, our expert Stephen Dobson from the University of Leeds, explores the digital tools which may be helpful in the volunteer management process. Volunteers are of immense importance to the heritage sector. A 2020 study carried out by the Heritage Volunteering Group found that 45% of heritage organisations relied on volunteers … Read more
What is the value of using arts and cultural approaches to train and develop healthcare students? Find out in our research digest.
Sue Emmas, Artistic Director, Regional Theatre Young Director Scheme (RTYDS) explains their work addressing the needs of directors from backgrounds currently under-represented in UK theatre.
MY FREELANCE JOURNEY is a new bi-monthly blog series where we follow Arts Marketing and Fundraising consultant Beckie Smith on her journey into life as a freelancer
Future Learn’s free course designed to help you improve your chances of raising funds for arts and culture by developing your leadership and entrepreneurial skills.
Many arts organisations are making effective use of their assets and selling products and services to business to generate income. This guidance gives examples (Circus Space and Welsh National Opera) of how the arts sector has skills and ways of operating which are directly transferable to businesses – training, personal development, entertainment. It concludes by … Read more