1. Why it’s important to track your content online after posting Measure the success of your efforts and leverage the insights to help you: Target underperforming segments of your audience Know what type of content your audience enjoys Understand which of your marketing channels are working best, and how to improve your performance Understand where … Read more
Resources tagged with Google Analytics
1. Understanding the audiences we serve The last few years have seen a necessary acceleration in the digitisation of the UK heritage sector. From the digital upskilling of employees and volunteers, to providing for digital audiences on an unprecedented scale, these changes have no doubt presented challenges to a fundamentally in-person industry. But there are … Read more
1. Introduction Search engine optimisation (SEO) describes the actions you can take to improve how and where your webpages appear in organic search results. Organic searching (i.e. search engine search results that do not include paid advertising) drives the lion’s share of web traffic, at around 53 per cent, ahead of paid advertising, social media, … Read more
1. Introduction This practical guide takes you through a step-by-step process to identify your audiences and their key journeys. It starts by looking at your Google Analytics data, followed by looking at various way to get user feedback. We use the term ‘audiences’ rather than ‘users’, ‘visitors’ or ‘customers’. In this context, ‘audience’ means a … Read more
How to present your digital stats effectively — Part 1: Websites This recording has closed captions in both Welsh and English, simply click on the closed captions symbol CC on the video below and select your preferred language. This session recording is 18 minutes in length. How to present your digital stats effectively — Part … Read more
1. What will I learn? Structure your stats reporting under common themes that will work consistently across your website, content and social media channels Benchmark the current performance across your digital channels Set targets using SMART Key Performance Indicators Look for trends and add narrative to your reports to help you land key points with … Read more
Rebecca Horrell, Digital Marketing Coordinator, Rambert analyses spikes in online engagement using Google Analytics as part of her Fellowship at Digital Lab.
Katy Vanden, Producer, Cap-a-Pie says it’s OK to change focus, start small and remain agile as new opportunities arise. Part of her Fellowship at Digital Lab.
Learn about advanced Google Analytics features including data collection, processing and configuration, and more complex analysis and marketing tools.
You’ll find lots of guides and other resources on Google Analytics all across the web. But the best place to start is Google’s own Google Analytics Academy. Everything is free and you can learn at your own pace and level.