This recording has English subtitles and is 11 minutes in length.
Resources tagged with digital engagement
This is a ‘how to recruit, manage and support volunteers’ guide produced as part of the Digital Skills for Heritage’s Digital Volunteering programme. 1. Project background The Coleshill Auxiliary Research Team (CART) are a group of volunteer researchers and supporters who investigate and record the World War II Auxiliary Units. The units were a secret … Read more
This is a ‘how to recruit, manage and support volunteers’ guide produced as part of the Digital Skills for Heritage’s Digital Volunteering programme. 1. Project background Brighton & Hove Museums (B&HM) is an independent charity that runs five museums on behalf of Brighton & Hove City Council. These include the Royal Pavilion, Brighton Museum & … Read more
Written by Jasper Visser and Jim Richardson, The Digital Engagement Framework helps you design the strategies, processes and technologies you need to develop and sustain relationships with audiences. A powerful tool to consolidate, refresh and inspire your digital practice.
1. Introduction Once you have examined the potential benefits of applying digital approaches and technology in your organisation, you may feel that you need to shift your current ways of working in order to more effectively engage with these kinds of opportunities. Updating your business model is a good way to begin this process and … Read more
This recording has English closed captions. Simply click on the closed captions symbol CC on the video below to select the captions. This recording is 38 minutes. Download transcript of English captions (Word file 40kb).
Integrating strategies: how to ensure your strategic approaches to digital content and digital marketing underpin your digital strategy
1. Defining your digital strategy A strategy helps to link your organisation’s mission and aims to the work that you do on a daily basis. You can think of it as a roadmap for how you will reach your goals. Different strategies will guide different areas of work. While they may link together in different … Read more
1. Introduction to audience development Reaching new audiences is often a key priority for organisations’ audience development. It involves ensuring that a wide range of people are aware of your organisation and what you do, and understanding them so you can connect and develop relationships with them. Developing new audiences is a way to ensure … Read more
1. Introduction The digital sphere offers endless possibilities for finding out information about those you interact with, so much so that being offered numerous choices and options can seem like a taunting place to be. Stats are everywhere – from Facebook reporting to the multi-faceted Google Analytics – all of which can be so useful … Read more
1. Introduction Trying to pin down who your audience is hard enough in person, never mind if they’re audiences online who you might not have engaged with yet. All too often it’s the case that we make presumptions about who these people are – it’s only natural – and speak to just one group of … Read more