1. Introduction In this resource our expert, Dr Stephen Dobson, University of Leeds, explains how you can use ‘Fishbone’ analysis to help you determine which problems your organisation might be able to address with digital change. The first step in identifying the most important areas where digital can have a positive impact on your heritage … Read more
Resources tagged with digital
1. Planning for change When planning to implement any kind of significant change to the way an organisation runs, it is necessary to make sure you have people on board. This can be especially difficult when adopting digital change as it may challenge staff, trustees and volunteers to get behind a way of working which … Read more
1. Introduction A digital content strategy is essential to any heritage organisation. Whether writing blog posts on the challenges of maintaining botanic gardens or filming instructional videos on woodland management, all content needs planning, preparation, and sign-off. Content strategies help heritage organisations to think about goals, how they can reach their target audience, the best … Read more
1. Introduction ‘Search for the Stars’ aims to transfer all of The Food Museum’s collection data over from paper record cards onto an online collections management system, creating a free public catalogue of the museum’s collection of c.40,000 objects, accessible through our website. We began this project in 2018 thanks to funding from the Esmée … Read more
1. Introduction Accessibility means the degree to which a product, device, service, or environment is available to as many people as possible. When we talk about accessibility we are talking about removing the barriers preventing someone from accessing something. In marketing this translates to our websites, our print or marketing materials and our social media … Read more
This recording has closed captions in both Welsh and English, simply click on the closed captions symbol CC on the video below and select your preferred language. This recording is 40 minutes in length. This session was recorded at Digital Heritage Lab’s Digital Skills Day and produced as part of the Digital Heritage Lab ― … Read more
This episode of the podcast Reflecting Value explores the cultural experiences people have through playing video and board games.
The first episode of Season Two of the podcast Reflecting Value. This episode explores the different ways that cultural organisations and practitioners use the digital to engage with audiences.
This recording has closed captions in both Welsh and English, simply click on the closed captions symbol CC on the video below and select your preferred language. This webinar recording is one hour and 20 minutes in length. This webinar was produced as part of the Digital Heritage Lab ― a digital skills development programme for small to … Read more
1. Introduction Chris Unitt mentored the Museum of Royal Worcester as part of The Lab strand of the Digital Heritage Lab. Chris Unitt: So to start off, just to give people a bit of background, Sophie can you tell us a little bit about the Museum of Royal Worcester and your role. Sophie Heath: The Museum of … Read more