Demonstrating the economic impact of culture has become increasingly more important. This study examines how culture is an integral part of the whole economic renaissance strategy to enhance growth and wealth across the northwest. You’ll find facts and figures along with supporting case studies to demonstrate the impact of the creative industries, regeneration, arts, museums, libraries, archives, heritage, sport and the tourist economy.
The Cultural Sector
- The Cultural Sector as a whole contributes £15bn to the region’s economy;
- GVA for the Cultural Sector as a whole has been estimated to be 12%;
- Cultural sector employs 12% of the region’s workforce;
- Average household expenditure on culture and recreational activities is 15% which is higher than UK average expenditure;
- Culture is a critical component of the continued economic and social renaissance of the North West region.