Effective internal communication is vital in business. This article explores why internal communications are changing, the shifting role of leadership communication, and the importance of linking internal communications to business strategy. Drawing on evidence from various organisations you’ll find practical suggestions about what you need to consider for your organisation – including questioning your own communication barriers.
Effective communication can….
- Make implementation easier, faster and reduce resistance;
- Increase employee motivation;
- Reduce confusion and demonstrate clear leadership;
- Focus employee commitment on shared objectives;
- Create employee ‘ambassadors’;
- Improve cross-organisation working and knowledge sharing.