Raising funds and awareness through high profile innovative events
Founded in 2002, Elephant Family is the leading UK conservation charity dedicated to saving the Asian elephant from extinction in the wild. This case study describes how Elephant Family uses engaging events to raise funds and awareness at the same time. Elephant Parade (2010), Jungle City (2011), The Big Egg Hunt London (2012) and The Big Egg Hunt NY (2014) are examples of large scale public art exhibitions that push creative and fundraising boundaries.
The Big Egg Hunt UK
- Broke two Guinness World Records including holder for the most participants in an Easter egg hunt with more than 12,000 people taking part.
- Over £1 million raised for charity 7 million people engaged at street level
- 100,000 visitors a day to final display
- 500+ pieces of media coverage
- 1 billion audience reach (Durrants)
“This campaign was a colossal success. It achieved blanket media coverage, engaged hundreds of thousands of people and raised more than £1m for charity” PR Week
Resource type: Case studies | Published: 2014