Introduction to digital production and streaming for live performance
Social Convention co-founders Natalie Hall and Cimeon Ellerton-Kay guide you through their hard-earned need-to-knows of streaming live performance.
Digital arts and culture experiences are being pushed to two ends of the spectrum.
- On the one hand we have a film and tv format: multi camera, high quality video, passive watching experiences.
- On the other hand there’s immersive online experiences with a really high level of interactivity and complex digital journeys to enable that.
Competing for the time and attention of audiences that are more sophisticated and more demanding than ever can be tough. Furthermore, doing so without a huge tech team (or budget) can feel impossible.
This guide is designed to kickstart your journey into digital production for live performance.
With comprehensive sections on:
- What is live digital production?
- 4 main approaches to streaming
- How does live streaming actually work?
- 5 top tips for digital production
- Choosing your tech
Cimerton Ellerton-Kay Natalie Hall