Audience research – Identifying the pearls
February 2015: New guidance on Data Protection is coming soon and information here will be updated as soon as possible Guide to discovering what data is important to your organisation, and why visitor information is so important. This resource is particularly relevant to visual arts and non-ticketed organisations or anyone wanting to carry out qualitative research such as focus groups or visitor observation to better understand visitor behaviour.
Guide to discovering what data is important to your organisation, and why visitor information is so important.
- Why should you do visitor research?
- Working out what you really need to know
- What do I know already?
- Setting yourself up to succeed – getting the rest of the organisation on board
- Visitor comment cards
- Self-completion questionnaires
- Face-to-face questionnaires
- In-house managed focus groups
- Visitor observation
- Self-completion surveys distributed widely
- Externally-managed large-scale questionnaires
- Externally-managed large-scale focus groups
Browse by smart tagsAudience research Behaviour Data Feedback Focus groups Qualitative Research Self completion Survey Visitor observation
Resource type: Guide/tools | Published: 2012