How to maximise the impact of your brand and design
This practical case study presents Manchester Art Gallery's approach to branding research and implementation. It shows how organisations can adapt different design communications to ensure they appeal to various audience groups - without diluting the brand or confusing the message. With audience research at the heart, this case study demonstrates how organisations can effectively and successfully maximise their brand and design investment across different media and campaigns.
The case for a rethink on our brand identity
• Declining visitor numbers after post-opening surge
• Ongoing issues with visitor perceptions
• Communications didn’t reflect brand values
• Communications didn’t reflect the variety of visitors or their motivations / experiences
The results: What did the project achieve?
• Increased visitors
• Enhanced brand and reputation among audiences, stakeholders and colleagues
• A Gold Award at the Design Effectiveness Awards 2007