Google Ad Grants: Free online advertising for non-profits
Make the most from Google’s free online advertising service with this handy guide from Velo Marketing.
Google Ad Grants: an overview
Ad Grants is Google’s service offering in-kind advertising on the AdWords platform to eligible nonprofits, allowing organisations to reach people searching online for relevant services, products or online giving.
The essential facts:
- Free Google search advertising for nonprofits up to $10,000 USD per month
- A maximum cost-per-click limit of $2.00 USD. You only pay per results
- Advertising responsive to keyword-targeted campaigns, e.g. theatre events in London
- Text ads appear on Google search results pages only, no video or banners
- Adverts must link to a website hosting “substantial” content
Why use Google Ad Grants?
With over 3.5 billion searches every day and a market share of web searches in 2012 of 65.2%*, Google is an essential platform for reaching and engaging with consumers.
As accessing specific budget for online campaigns is unfeasible for many nonprofits, the Ad Grants service provides the opportunity to display ads on Google, enter the search market, attract more customers, advertise locally or globally and reach people when they’re looking for relevant information.