AMAculturehive

CultureHive > Case Study > Fundraising for touring companies and organisations based outside of London
4th August 2014 Sara Lock

Fundraising for touring companies and organisations based outside of London

By: Steven Atkinson


HighTide Festival Theatre (HighTide) is one of the UK’s leading producers of new plays, and the only professional theatre focused on the production of new playwrights. They consider around 1,000 scripts a year from which they then work with 100 playwrights on a range of development opportunities, from workshops to full productions. Box office makes up around 20% of HighTide’s annual turnover, so the remaining 80% needs to be raised from alternative sources. This short case study describes how HighTide fundraises to supplement its income.

Process
HighTide recognised the need to first build a strong case for support - articulating why supporting young artists matters to their organisation and the artists they work with. Once this was in place, they focused on developing relationships with funders who already demonstrated an affinity with their objectives, rather than trying to bend their mission to fit with funding criteria. It is essential to establish how your organisation is unique/ relevant/ important so you can confidently communicate this and find like-minded partners to help you achieve your goals. This applies whether you are talking to individuals, corporates, or trusts and foundations.

| Published:2014

Smart tags: major donors individual giving cultivation fundraising

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required



 

CultureHive Bulletin