Developing a youth forum in a museum
International and national legislation supports the idea that young people should express their opinions to help shape the services that directly affect them. This toolkit gives guidance on how to set up and run youth forums in museums and suggests techniques to use to consult young people. It includes case studies of different types of forums.
How do you attract young people to a Formal Youth Forum?
Before contacting any schools you need to decide what ‘type’ of young person you want to involve in the Youth Forum, which may relate to the topic that you are consulting about. You may want to go through the:
- Gifted and Talented Co-ordinator
- Learning Mentor Co-ordinator
- Head of subject e.g. History / Geography/ Science
- Local pupil referral unit
- Local Authority subject advisors.