Beyond page views – measure what matters with Google Analytics 4 (GA4)
A playback pack from Digital Culture Network following their session at AMA's Digital Marketing Day 2023. Includes slides and templates plus an additional eight resources to help you maximize your use of Google Analytics 4 ( GA4 ).
Further information about the Digital Culture Network and additional resources about Google Analytics 4.
Digital Culture Network
Digital Culture Network provides free practical, on the ground help to develop the digital skills of the creative and culture sector. We offer one-to-one support to all organisations who are eligible for Arts Council England funding, as well as events, webinars and an online resource bank which are accessible to everyone. Our Tech Champions have specialist backgrounds in a range of digital specialisms, including data analytics, digital strategy, digital content, eCommerce, social media, email marketing, box office ticketing, customer relationship management (CRM), websites, search engine marketing and optimisation, digital accessibility and audience data.
- Discuss your organisation’s digital ambitions
- Tap into the Tech Champion’s digital expertise
- Learn how the Digital Culture Network can support you further!
Beyond page views – measure what matters with Google Analytics 4
- Download the presentation slides
- Download the Bath Philharmonia example (created by Aaron Buckley-Mantell, Orchestral Projects Coordinator)
- Download the engagement funnel template
Google Analytics 4 Resources
- Why are you measuring that? – a webinar recording going through the marketing funnel – what metrics matter and do they align to your objectives?
- 7 Secrets to successful Google Ad Grants campaigns – what Google Ad Grants is and how to make the most of it in your organisation.
- Getting started with Google Analytics 4 – a webinar recording going through the steps to create and set up a new GA4 account
- Advanced configuration and custom reporting in GA4 – a webinar recording on how to customise GA4 reports and explorations
- How to enhance GA4 with Google Tag Manager – webinar recording on GTM and how it can be used to add extra data to GA4
- How to use UTM Parameters to track marketing activity – track your activity from social channels and email campaigns in GA4
- Getting started with Google Looker Studio – build fully customised reports from different data sources. You can use connectors for any non-Google products (e.g. Porter)
- Google Analytics 4 Reporting Kit – step-by-step instructions to build reports in GA4 from the team at One Further
Creative and cultural tech newsletters
If you are interested in keeping updated with digital things happening across the sector, there are lots of useful bits of news, events and content being collated and shared in some fantastic newsletters.
Here are some Digital Culture Network recommend subscribing to, listed in alphabetical order:
A monthly newsletter with resource updates from the Arts Marketing Association’s CultureHive, the free online resource hub for cultural professionals that brings the collective intelligence of the sector together in one place, by you, for you. Subscribe to CultureHive
Digital Culture Network
The newsletter from Katie Moffat (Substrakt) that is part of their programme of free talks, podcasts and other content, bringing arts, culture, museums and heritage professionals together to talk all things digital. Subscribe to Digital Works
The Bottom Line
This resource was created to share learnings from a sponsored session at AMA's Digital Marketing Day 2023