An SME’s guide to reducing your carbon footprint and environmental impact
This comprehensive guide by Retail Merchant Services takes you through the key steps you need to take to reduce both your carbon footprint and your impact on the environment.
Our relationship with the world around us continues to change on a daily basis. People care a lot more about the impact we’re having on the environment than they did a couple of decades ago, with green schemes, sustainability drives and heightened social pressure to take care of the world we share.
For all businesses, including SMEs, there’s a sense of expectancy to ensure you’re doing everything you can to keep your carbon emissions and other harmful environmental outputs to a minimum. If you run an SME and are unsure exactly how to do that, this guide is here to help.
Whether it’s understanding exactly what kind of impact you’re already having, or the desire to reduce the size of your footprint, we’re here to help you move towards a business model which sees reductions on your impact on the environment.
Chapter 1: Understanding your carbon footprint
- What is a carbon footprint and net zero?
- Benefits of being net zero as an SME
- Carbon footprint statistics in business
Chapter 2: Reducing your carbon footprint as an SME
- How do I calculate my SMEs carbon footprint?
- Reporting your carbon footprint
- Reducing the carbon footprint of your SME
Chapter 3: Making your online business more environmentally friendly
- The three pillars of sustainability
- Making your SME more environmentally friendly
- Help businesses can get to be more green
Chapter 4: Understanding your carbon footprint