Theme 1: Digital engagement and activities
This theme answers the heritage sector’s top 25 on digital engagement and activities including:
- digital marketing and communications
- websites, email and social media
- fundraising and eCommerce
- recruiting and working with digital volunteers
- online events and activities
- accessibility, inclusion and sustainability
- analytics, visitor data and segmentation
Online participation can help your heritage organisation expand audiences, increase accessibility and engagement with new communities. These questions will help you plan excellent online events, build online communities and explore the ways in which the latest technology can improve the visitor experience to your organisation’s offer.
You can learn a lot about who your online audiences are through the data your digital engagement activities collate. These questions look at the ways in which you can use data to help you understand the demographics, behaviours and motivations of your digital audiences.