London 2012 was a prime opportunity for engaging with cultural tourists. This factsheet describes the opportunities that were presented during London 2012 for developing a tourist audience – including those with the London Media Centre, Visit London’s 2012 marketing strategy, hospitality and hosting, and the overall 2012 culture diary.
Visit London defines the opportunity for London in the following ways:
- A £2-3 billion tourism opportunity
- A legacy for tourism – with increased jobs and business opportunities
- Global media exposure
- Increased marketing reach
- Hosting and hospitality during the Games
Visit London’s Olympic Marketing Strategy:
- Working with sponsors to place strong London content within showcases and the industry to create experiences city-wide.